Idea for orc nades/map protection

Want to talk about war3ft or make suggestions? Post them here

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Overkill
Peon

Idea for orc nades/map protection

Post by Overkill » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:31 pm

I saw in the other.inl file how to set up the no gloves/orc nades thing based on the prefix of the map or the map name. I have no programming experience, but I want to make the mod read the affected maps from a file, rather than having to put 20-30 entries into the inl. (I have approx. infinity custom maps with random names, so I can't put something in the inl file to fix it)

Also, do I need to recompile after I change the inl?

Thanks
-Overkill
Last edited by Overkill on Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YamiKaitou
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by YamiKaitou » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:35 pm

yes, you have to recompile it everytime you change the sma file or any included files

No support via PM or Email

Overkill
Peon

Post by Overkill » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:48 pm

Sweet...now I hope I don't mess up somehow and get one of these compile errors I keep hearing about =)

Still waiting for support on my first issue though...

-Overkill
That's my two cents. I'd write more but I'm not getting paid by the hour.

Krazy
Forum Administrator

Post by Krazy » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:48 am

In the next version 3.0 there is a .cfg file where you can put the maps in that you want to disable orc nades or gloves. So I would just wait for that version. In 2.3.2 you can edit the other.inl and add the maps you want to disable orc nades and gloves on.

Example of what mine looks like now:

Code: Select all

#if MOD ==0
		new mapname[32]
		get_mapname(mapname,31) 
		if (containi(mapname,"aim_")!=-1 || containi(mapname,"fy_")!=-1 || containi(mapname,"awp_")!=-1 || containi(mapname,"scout")!=-1 || containi(mapname,"cs_p90")!=-1 || containi(mapname,"cs_blitztowers")!=-1 || containi(mapname,"bok_")!=-1 || containi(mapname,"cs_deagle5")!=-1){
			g_givePistol=false
			if (iCvar[FT_NO_GLOVES_ON_KA])
				g_giveHE=false
			else
				g_giveHE=true
		}
		else{
			g_giveHE=true
			g_givePistol=true
		}
		if(iCvar[FT_NO_ORCNADES]){
			if (containi(mapname,"aim_")!=-1 || containi(mapname,"fy_")!=-1 || containi(mapname,"awp_")!=-1 || containi(mapname,"scout")!=-1 || containi(mapname,"cs_p90")!=-1 || containi(mapname,"cs_blitztowers")!=-1 || containi(mapname,"de_westwood")!=-1 || containi(mapname,"playground")!=-1) 
				g_notAllowHE=true
			else
				g_notAllowHE=false
		}
	#endif

Need help anything to do with Warcraft 3 Mod, installing other plugins, setting up mySQL, installing PsychoStats, or anything else just PM/email me!

Geesu
<b>King of the world!</b>

Post by Geesu » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:52 am

Use war3ft 3.0 which is in the CVS and u can just type the maps in a file :P
No Support via PM

Overkill
Peon

Post by Overkill » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:09 pm

Thanks geesu =) you were already a step ahead of me...
now, can i just enter prefixes in the config file in 3.0, or do i have to do each map? no biggie cuz all i have to do is use winblows' dir command to dump the files to a list, but it'd be nice...

aim_*
awp_*
fy_*
// this is where i'd put ka if CS *WAS* a first person kniver, not a first person shooter. my server is ka-free! woot!
cs_deagle5
cs_cock

something like that? :P

I'm a noob, im just gunna wait for you to officially release 3.0 or for someone to write a tutorial on how to compile it and such and post it here. i'm a lazy bastard like that. oh and props on the new BM ulti, me likey make things go boom!