[Sug/question] About some old issues I've posted about.

Want to talk about war3ft or make suggestions? Post them here

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Mith
Peon

[Sug/question] About some old issues I've posted about.

Post by Mith » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:28 am

Uhm... I have a suggestion and a question to make, and I thought it would be better to put them together in one topic, so, here it goes...

Well, I've once suggested in this topic, that Chameleons could have individual randomized skills, instead of having the same skills to all the players that are Chameleons.

As far as I've checked, 3.0RC3 doesn't have this feature, so I would like to suggest it again, or maybe put it as a configuration, to choose the Chameleon skills-sorting method.

And about the question, I've asked this before too, in this topic.

Basically, I would like to remove a single item from my server completelly, I've messed with the source code a little, and I removed a lot of stuff about the Helm of Excellence (I would like to remove this one), and, even that it has no effect, and costs no money, it is still displayed on the shopmenu2 menu...

I thought that I could change that editing language.inl, by adding a check, but it didn't work.

In that topic, Geesu said it would be easier to do this on 3.0, but I don't think I've seen nothing new about removing items in 3.0.

Thanks,
Mith.

Geesu
<b>King of the world!</b>

Post by Geesu » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:30 pm

1) I won't do this srry....
2) Why can't u make the price > 16000 ??? Doesn't this solve the problem?
No Support via PM

Mith
Peon

Post by Mith » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:39 pm

1 - Ah, ok, no worries tough, it was just an idea, nothing much important ^^, maybe someday I'll learn to program a little better and do it myself :P.

2 - Tecnically... yes and no.

Setting an item's price to a price higher than 16000 would tecnically solve the problem, but the mod itself brings the problem back again.

If I set the price to 20000 for example, blood mages that already have 16000 and that steal money from several persons (or just one other rich person), would be able to buy it as well.

And I could put a REALLY high price, like 35000, of course, but still, if I do this, people keep asking "why is that item so expensive?" or, "why can't we buy it?" and stuff like that, and totally removing it would avoid such problems.

But if it is too much work, it's fine, I can set up a high price and just set it's name/description as deactivated or something like that, it's just that people keep whining about it :? .

snapdoodle
Peon

Post by snapdoodle » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:24 am

you could put a disclaimer in the MOTD. Then they would stop asking. No... wait... people don't read.

Mith
Peon

Post by Mith » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:32 am

snapdoodle wrote:you could put a disclaimer in the MOTD. Then they would stop asking. No... wait... people don't read.
Exactly :P.

Geesu

Post by Geesu » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:59 am

make the price really high - then change the item name in war3ft.txt to something like

"ITEM DISABLED" ?
No Support via PM

Mith
Peon

Post by Mith » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:37 pm

Ok, I will do that, but I will really disable it in the code, to definitivelly disable it, so people won't have it even if they set something up between friends to get money to buy it :X.

Geesu

Post by Geesu » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:14 pm

if u make cost 100,000 it would take like 10 people to get that much
No Support via PM