[SUG] Shadow Hunter's Serpent Ward

Want to talk about war3ft or make suggestions? Post them here

Moderator: Forum Moderator

damian086pl
Peon

[SUG] Shadow Hunter's Serpent Ward

Post by damian086pl » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:36 am

I would like to restrict some places on maps from planting a Serpent Ward.
Lets say i have i file strictsw.conf and string map_name xorig1 yorig1 xorig2 yorig2 (AFAIR SW is on all zorigs) where those origs would restrict Shadow Hunter from planting there. If it would be to complicated to add at least make Necless to be immune for the Wards effect. It's really hard to save hosts from some locked rooms i.e. cs_militia garage or cs_delta_assualt host room.

Greetz :)

kevlartester
Militia

Post by kevlartester » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:19 pm

my big problem with the serpent wards is the fact that you can place them on bombspots/in the bombspotarea....most shadowhunters place three of them while planting the bomb and as a ct you'll die in a few seconds, having no chance to defuse the bomb till you find and kill the shadowhunter - who will hide somewhere on the map....

so may you could do it like this: restrict the serpent wards at all bombspots and on a special radius around a hostage (like its already done with planted bombs)

sry for my english => im german :oops:
in hope you will understand what i mean... :roll:
greez

Geesu
<b>King of the world!</b>

Post by Geesu » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:37 pm

You can't place on bombs or hostages now... not w/3.0

Or if you can tell me what maps b/c you shouldn't be able to
No Support via PM

kevlartester
Militia

Post by kevlartester » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:56 pm

on our server there is running v3.0 rc3 and i can tell you its possible on every de_map to place the serpent wards on every bombspot till the bomb is planted - that means even while planting the bomb...if the bomb is planted you cannot place the wartds next to the bomb - thats right, but all the time before the c4-timer starts! and the wards stay there till the person who set them up dies...
to say it with other words: yes its not possible to place a serpent ward on a beeping bomb but you can plant a bomb on a serpent ward :roll:

so it would be great to disable the wards on the bombspots at all...

dont know exectly what about placing them next to hostages but for example on cs_italy its possible to block all entrances of the house with the wards :arrow: and i can tell you, its very difficult to get in and out of the house to rescue the hostages, even if there are only 2 shadowhunters in T-team....

if necessary i can record a demo which shows you how to do that stuff with the wards...

greez

Mith
Peon

Post by Mith » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:23 am

You can always use 1 or more Shadow Hunters in your team to recover your health, or even some Rings, ;D.

Geesu

Post by Geesu » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:45 pm

I know italy sucks - but there is no way for me to fix all these issues w/o just removing them...

Admins need to do their job and warn people against excessive planting on italy... And I like the funcinoality how it is now - I mean who would be dumb enough to walk into a ward and plant the bomb? Bomb sites are big enough so you can plant away from the wards
No Support via PM

kevlartester
Militia

Post by kevlartester » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:40 pm

sry but the problem not that you cannot reach the bombspot b/c of wards or planting a bomb into a CT ward but that its possible to plant the bomb into a T ward...
and as ct - if this happend - its very hard to win the round, even with 5 rings and another shadowhunter staying next to you while defusing...thats why i asked you to disable the planting of wards on bombspots in general

the situation with the hostages is often fast solved because the people, placing the wards will camp at the same positions every round (lets say 90% of them) and you can easiely kill them by shooting through walls or with a good placed HE

Mith
Peon

Post by Mith » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:48 pm

I guess that the map where Shadow Hunters are most annoying is cs_siege, if there are 6 wards in the door and 6 wards above that car in the parking lot, it's impossible to save the hostages, but I think that using human, and teleporting through the wards is also a good idea, but, dunno.

But forbidding players to place wards on the bomb spot would be nice, or forbidding them to plant the bomb near to a ward (but that would generate exploits, like ct's filling a lot of places of the bomb spot with wards, making impossible to the terrorists to plant the bomb, :/).

Geesu

Post by Geesu » Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:50 pm

ok I agree w/the bomb issue - i'll look into fixing it
No Support via PM