Chameleon, every Player has got his own Skills

Want to talk about war3ft or make suggestions? Post them here

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Jukebox
Peon

Chameleon, every Player has got his own Skills

Post by Jukebox » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:03 pm

Hi guys,

it is possible to code the Chameleon, that if a player joins a Server and he take it, he get for example thorns aura, invisibility, bash and as ultimate Locus. Then, the round is over and he has got still these Skills... if he leave the Server he still got them, if he joins the server second time.. So and if another Player take Chameleon, he get for example, Vampire Aura, Evasion, Banish and Blink.. and he also will keep it as long as he is playing on the Server.. he only gets new Skills if he Types "resetskills" .. is it possible?

The Skills can be selectet randomly and then saved in a MSql.. ?!

Thanks

YamiKaitou
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by YamiKaitou » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:36 pm

Yeah, that is possible. I don't know who will have a chance of getting to it. If I get time at all, I can try to make it using the SVN revision 495. If you want it for a different version, please tell me so I can download it. Again, I will only do this if I get a chance to

No support via PM or Email

Jukebox
Peon

Post by Jukebox » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:11 pm

Hi, u need my Version?

Ive got the newest you can download from the Homepage

YamiKaitou
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by YamiKaitou » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:38 pm

Saying you got the newest means nothing. Cause the newest version could be 2.3.2 or 3.0RCx

Jukebox
Peon

Post by Jukebox » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:37 am

Oh =) sorry

I've got Version 3.0 RC8

Thanks

Geesu
<b>King of the world!</b>

Post by Geesu » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:06 pm

Yami if you did this I would commit it into the final release... I think this would be very useful... just be "mindful" of how the chameleon works vs. other races when looking @ the code - it's a son of a bitch :P
No Support via PM

YamiKaitou
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by YamiKaitou » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:08 pm

Yeah, I have already poked around in the code a little, but that was dealing with some other things. Maybe I will attempt this

snapdoodle
Peon

Post by snapdoodle » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:07 am

why a random select?

basically this allows people to pick and save their optimal set up.

Why not allow the user to just pick and choose among all skills instead of forcing people to hit "resetskill," basically making them reroll (to use the d&d term), until they finally got what they wanted?

After first 3 unique skills are chosen you can only upgrade after.

The other races' skill select is saved somewhere, so it's possible to save what the user has chosen.

But sometimes the save/load fails and forces the user to resetskill just to function. That would be annoying to experience if it were random select.

Senne
Rifleman

Post by Senne » Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:42 am

if it wouldnt be random, it would be the ultimate race... (overpowered)
+ it would look a lot like uwc3

YamiKaitou
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by YamiKaitou » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:34 am

Would you like it if I added a cvar to it that only allowed them to successfully reset their skills 1 every X days?

And, yes, I am doing this, but I have other stuff that has been going on in my life so it is taking longer than I had hoped it would

Senne
Rifleman

Post by Senne » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:14 am

im pretty sure we all are ok with any thing you are able to do, so dont apology ;)

snapdoodle
Peon

Post by snapdoodle » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:08 am

Senne wrote:if it wouldnt be random, it would be the ultimate race... (overpowered)
+ it would look a lot like uwc3
i agree with you. which is why i think having the ability to save a random turn out would basically not be random at all. it would change the game.

if maybe you could save for the map only...

that might be interesting.

like video poker or something... get your skills, then when you next die, you decide which ones you hold and which ones you want thrown.

i guess i just disagree with the ability to save indefinately. because then we're playing uwc3.

limiting the number of resets per map maybe? that might cause a problem with servers that run only one map 24/7 tho.

maybe limit the length of the save by a certain number of maps?

or a certain number of days?

i like the idea, but i just think there has to be a check against people saving uber load outs forever.