Just One thing...

Want to talk about war3ft or make suggestions? Post them here

Moderator: Forum Moderator

slmclarengt
Militia

Just One thing...

Post by slmclarengt » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:40 am

Thank you to Geesu and everyone else who makes Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne accessible and fun for all of us. I personally do not think we as server owners/users show enough appreciation and support for your work.

Thank you YamiKaitou for the work you contribute as well; nothing goes overlooked, at least through my eyes. When I find bugs or develop a bug fix, I will and have established it through posts.

Although my love for programming has been waning since my face-first beginning with computer engineering, I will try to get back in touch with my "sit still for hours typing at a keyboard, staring at the screen and banging head against desk while drinking a mountain dew and eating a slice of 2-day old pizza" side (aka Programming, the Washington style - where Hillbillies reign and sanity diminishes :-)).

I do believe I speak on behalf of all users and owners of WC3FT servers when I say Thank You to these developers, contributors and everyone else in the process. It's the holiday season and it especially illustrates our need to show appreciation and support for those things we admire and respect.

Warmest Holiday Wishes,

Slmclarengt (aka BnD | Sleeper @ bndclan.com)

P.S. No I was not drunk writing this post :-) (no, I am not kidding, I really wasn't - do believe me, I own and founded "Blazin' N' Drinkin'", why in God's name would you assume that? Someone has to be sober and (un)fortunately, it's always me - it is fortunate because then stuff gets done right... the first time (sometimes)).
"I am become Death destroyer of worlds" - Hindu God Krishna speaking with Soldier about battle (Later quoted by Robert Oppenheimer, head of the Manhattan Project in Los Alamos Laboratories.)

aligind4h0us3
Peon

Post by aligind4h0us3 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:11 am

Agreed. Yami + Geesu ftw.

Geesu
<b>King of the world!</b>

Post by Geesu » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:11 pm

:) You're welcome :)

And yes seriously thanks Yami I <3 you... I don't think this community would continue to have as much interaction if you weren't around, my availability lately has not been so great due to work/RL things... so I GREATLY appreciate the work you do!

If only I had time to work on war3ft for source :P

And slmclarengt if you're looking for some development to do by all means let me know :P
No Support via PM

YamiKaitou
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by YamiKaitou » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:10 pm

:)

Geesu, once you make it for source, I will purchase Source. That is the only thing that I would play, lol

No support via PM or Email

Senne
Rifleman

Post by Senne » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:50 am

yea thx guys ;)

and yeah a source one would be nice, there are a few other ppl that developed a version for source but they seem buggy

aligind4h0us3
Peon

Post by aligind4h0us3 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:20 pm

Geesu needs to finish this mod before he worries about other mods...

slmclarengt
Militia

Post by slmclarengt » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:50 pm

I think we should focus on 1.6 for now especially because 1.6 still rocks :). Apparently Valve is developing a new type of Counter-strike with the prettiness of Source but the gameplay of 1.6 which will be perfect.

Me do development? Lol, I remember a couple months back when I was a developer alongside Smokey for Ultimate Warcraft 3; it was fun until I got really busy :-). I think I will start to read more into the WC3:FT code so I understand it better and can troubleshoot more. Unfortunately some problems come but with no errors or traces of problems. I guess I could install HLDS on my computer (6GB RAM should suffice for it lol ;-)) and see if I can run some tests on WC3 and see the core raw logs/errors it generates because Nuclearfallout definitely wouldn't give me those :-).

Slmclarengt

P.S. If only I could make my server public, but being at a University with routers, switches, gateways and firewalls doesn't make that easy; I guess I'll just SSH tunnel (turning my 5mbps upload into 500kbps upload :-))
"I am become Death destroyer of worlds" - Hindu God Krishna speaking with Soldier about battle (Later quoted by Robert Oppenheimer, head of the Manhattan Project in Los Alamos Laboratories.)

aligind4h0us3
Peon

Post by aligind4h0us3 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:56 pm

slmclarengt wrote:I think we should focus on 1.6 for now especially because 1.6 still rocks :). Apparently Valve is developing a new type of Counter-strike with the prettiness of Source but the gameplay of 1.6 which will be perfect.

Me do development? Lol, I remember a couple months back when I was a developer alongside Smokey for Ultimate Warcraft 3; it was fun until I got really busy :-). I think I will start to read more into the WC3:FT code so I understand it better and can troubleshoot more. Unfortunately some problems come but with no errors or traces of problems. I guess I could install HLDS on my computer (6GB RAM should suffice for it lol ;-)) and see if I can run some tests on WC3 and see the core raw logs/errors it generates because Nuclearfallout definitely wouldn't give me those :-).

Slmclarengt

P.S. If only I could make my server public, but being at a University with routers, switches, gateways and firewalls doesn't make that easy; I guess I'll just SSH tunnel (turning my 5mbps upload into 500kbps upload :-))
That's not Valve.

www.cspromod.com

slmclarengt
Militia

Post by slmclarengt » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:33 pm

aligind4h0us3 wrote:
slmclarengt wrote:I think we should focus on 1.6 for now especially because 1.6 still rocks :). Apparently Valve is developing a new type of Counter-strike with the prettiness of Source but the gameplay of 1.6 which will be perfect.

Slmclarengt

That's not Valve.

www.cspromod.com
I had heard Valve was trying to develop their own type of gameplay, but either way...

Slmclarengt